Nicholas Mc Creadie
started playing drums at the age of 6 years old, he went to various teachers till the age of 15 years old when he started studying music fulltime at The Campus of Performing arts(C.O.P.A) Joburg. Now in his fifth year (Nqf5 Advanced) he also attends private lessons with Neill Ettridge.
Nicholas Has performed a wide variety of gig’s covering a wide variety of styles from Rock, Funk, Hip-Hop, Metal to Jazz, Fusion, Pop and Soft Rock.
Although he is the fulltime drummer for “Arctic Jinn” and “Fibonacci Sequence”, Nicholas has done freelance gigs with the likes of Chris Luke, John Fresk, D.J Lemonka, Tuks, Andre Benkhe and Dan Selsick.
Nicholas is currently touring the world with Showtime Australia’s “Histroy ii” Production. A production with world famous “kenny wizz” as the lead and performing to crowds of no less than 700 people per show at various Theatres around the world. The Show is currently touring New Zealand, Australia and South Africa till Feb 2013 with talk of extending the show to Canada and Las Vegas. As well as the Mj Show, Nicholas also does the ABBA tribute show for the same company(See Gig Guide for dates).
As well as perfroming on stage Nicholas has done Studio Sessions with Jaun Claude Pienaar, Daniel Dos Reis and Neil Pash for a variety of styles.
Nicholas Teaches Privately from home in his Rehearsal Room as well as a long stint at Dunamis Creative arts School in Germiston, and he substitutes for Neill ettridge when he is in the country.
Tama Drums- “Loving it”
Sabian Cymbals- “THE BEST!”
* Placed second in Battle of the bands with “kill The Messenger” winning R25,000.
* Performed with Grammy winning Pianist John Fresk.
* Won Student of The year(C.O.P.A 2009).
* Won RBF battle of the bands winning R45,000 worth of equipment with “Arctic Jinn”.
* Received music connection endorsement with Arctic Jinn.
* Backing band for hip hop DJ “DJ Lemonka”.
* Backing band for hip hop artist “Tuks”.
* Mj History ii world tour.
* Radio Interview and Performance with “Arctic Jinn” on 94.7.
* Studied Briefly at A.C.M in London.
* Radio Interview on 94.7(Playlisted Top 40) “Arctic Jinn”.
* Performance at Grahamstown Arts Festvial followed by Durban tour with “Arctic Jinn”.